Coaching a Narrabeen FC (NFC) team can be extremely rewarding. Narrabeen FC has tradition of producing competitive teams and exceptional players. This is largely due to coaches that are passionate about football, development of skills, fostering confidence individuals and understanding of team sport culture.
Football Federation Australia has embarked on a national football coaching syllabus. This is viewed as a foundation for the success of Australia as a football nation into the future. Find out more about the FFA National Curriculum
Narrabeen FC shares this vision and aims to provide the best football coaching experience on the Northern Beaches for boys and girls, youth through to adolescences.
- All NFC coaches of teams from U6s up to U17s are REQUIRED to have an appropriate FFA community coaching qualification.
- All NFC coaches need to register and have a FFA number as well as a WWCC (Working with Children Check).
Like to coach a team at Narrabeen FC?
A coaching course is COMPULSORY for any person wishing to coach junior and youth football at NFC.
FFA football coaching courses are extremely accessible, incredibly informative, free to all MWFA registered coaches.
All participants must register online & pay $90 to be guaranteed a place on the course. The MWFA will reimburse all participants who are coaching in the MWFA for the full cost of the course once the participant has attended all sessions and the course has been completed. This is to avoid participants registering for the course and not attending all sessions.
Not a registered coach or need to renew or change your coaching qualification?
Review coaching courses, are available through MWFA and register for the coaching appropriate to the team you would like to coach.
FFA Community courses
- Senior Coaching Certificate (Previously Senior License, suitable for coaching 17 years old and onwards) – approx. 14 hours
- Game Training Certificate (previously Youth License, suitable for coaching 13 to 17 years old) – approx. 14 hours
- Skill Training Certificate (previously Junior License suitable for coaching 9 to 13 years old) – approx.. 14 hours
- Grass Roots Certificate (suitable for coaching U6-U8) – approx. 3 hours
FFA National Curriculum
This document, and its associated pathways, programs and resources which will be developed over the coming months and years, is an Australian model which seeks to maximise the strengths of our existing football culture. Follow this link to view the document – FFA National Curriculum
Working with Children Check
All coaches and managers with the club need to register and have a FFA number as well as a WWCC (Working with Children Check). The only exemption for WWCC policy by Football NSW is for persons aged under 18 years. You can find more information around the WWCC Guidelines from Football NSW including information on how to apply.
The date for Coach/Manager registration is 13 March 2019. THERE IS NO FEE INVOLVED WITH REGISTERING AS A COACH OR MANAGER.