Grading & Team Formation Policy
Our Grading and Team Formation Policy is available for review. Please have a read through so you fully understand our policy around grading and team formation before our grading days are held in February.
In general terms the Grading Days consist of a range of skill assessments and game play grading. The assessment will identify player field position preferences and skill levels across a range of criteria.
- Grading is compulsory for ALL Registered Players in U9 to U16.
- Womens competition – Women’s grading will be assessed subject to registered team numbers for each age group.
- Absence from grading – if previously graded in either of top two teams. Pervious years grading applies.
- Non registered player CAN NOT grade. No Club Shopping!
Post grading, Team formation shall be discussed and finalised by a panel of 3 people consisting of:
- The Grading Coordinator
- The relevant Age Group Coordinator
- A member of the NFC Executive Committee
Team formation will be based on some or all of the following available information and resources:
- Grading results
- Previous years Coach Assessment/feedback
- Previous teams/divisions played in
- Friend requests (can not always be guaranteed)
For junior age groups such as U9’s a “Soft Grading” process is undertaken to comply with Manly Warringah Football Association’s policy for grading this age group.
|Year of birth||Age group|
|2013 or 2014||Under 6|
|2001 or 2002||Under 18|
|2000, 1999, 1998||Under 21|
|No defined age||All age or Premier League|
|1983 or earlier||Over 35|
|1973 or earlier||Over 45|